Families and individuals in our community are stretched thin pursuing the good life. We all have so much going on. Parents can be so busy attending to their children’s needs that they don’t have time for their own growth. Rejoice thinks we can do better, and our answer to this is Oasis.
Oasis is a place where one night a week everyone will gather together to find refuge, relief, and rejuvenation amidst the chaos of daily life.
- All the current youth and children groups (Power-UP, Matrix, Summit now called Oasis: nursery, Preschool-2nd grade, 3-5 grade, middle school, and high school) will be meeting on Wednesday nights as a part of Oasis rather than on separate nights.
- Adult groups will meet during Oasis for learning and building new relationships. (Existing groups may choose to continue their current schedule.)
Oasis sessions will have a rhythm that allows for service and rest.
- Oasis will meet on Wednesday nights, 5:45-8pm, for four weeks.
- The next week will be a service project for everyone to participate in together.
- We will take a week off to rest; no Wednesday meeting that week.
- There will be 5 Oasis sessions for the 2019-2020 program year.
How does an Oasis night work?
- On Oasis night everyone gathers at Rejoice starting at 5:45 for a common meal and a short teaching that is relevant to all. (Don’t worry if you can’t make it by 5:45 – come when you can.)
- We transition to different small group activities for children, youth, and adults. Adult sessions are off site at nearby places that have welcomed us, such as Greenfields of Geneva. Locations and directions for groups will be provided.
- Childcare is available at Rejoice for all who want it.
- After the small groups activities around 8:00, we return to Rejoice, pick up the kids, and head home together sharing about the evening’s learning. (If you don’t have children at Oasis, you can go directly home 😊).
What are we hoping for?
- Families and individuals have more time in the schedule to relax and spend more time as a family and being a loving neighbor.
- Lots of entry points for welcoming new people
- Relationships are grown through learning and serving together
- We learn how to keep making Oasis and Rejoice better