Attention High Schoolers
What does it look like to be on your own faith path?
Each path is different and each path will have different obstacles, yet one thing remains unchanged and that is the love of the Lord our God. Like the sermon on Sunday, October 7th, 2018 our mission is to live a life absorbing and embracing God’s love while helping and showing love to others. Along your journey, you will face trials and tribulations but take comfort in knowing you are not alone. You will grow in faith and in your relationship with God, with each other and with your neighbors during your journey.
Kevin, Chris, Jeff, Megan and Heidi are excited to support you on your journey. Summit is a place to gather with other youth to support and encourage one another while building faith.
Here is the line up. Parents feel free to stop by and speak with the mentors during the beginning or our Summit time 6:30 on the following Thursdays, or contact us separately.
Oct 11th – Summit Kick Off
- At Kevin’s house at 6:30 pm. Grilling and fun events. Get to know the mentors.
- The Summit program for 2018-2019 kicks off with a BBQ at the home of Kevin Mennerick (1112 S 12th Street, Saint Charles, IL 60174)
- Come along and bring a friend.
Oct 18th – Lesson 1: Why you need people
- We need to care for one another. Care is expressed through a willingness to challenge, support and encourage.
- Primary scripture: Galations 6:1-10
- Secondary scripture: Ephesians 2:19-22
Oct 25th- Lesson 2: Why people need you and your gifts
- Our group is a community and your gifts matter. Each person adds to the strength of our group.
- Primary scripture: 1 Corinthians 12:12-27
- Secondary scripture: Ephesians 4:11-16
Nov 1st – Lesson 3: Why people need you and your story
- God chose us as his community. What does that mean and what does that look like.
- Primary scripture: 2 Corinthians 5:11-21
Nov 8th – Lesson 1: In the beginning, God created relationships
- God created relationships. He blessed us with family and friends. Our brokenness separates us from God. How can we draw closer to God in our brokenness.
- Primary scripture: Genesis 2:4-25
- Secondary scripture: Genesis 3:1-11
Nov 15th – Lesson 2: Jesus Family Tree
(we will bring this into our lesson plan for the 8th or the 15th).
- Learn Jesus was human and had a family. He helps us to define love
- Primary scripture: Matthew 12:46-50
- Secondary scripture: John 15:9 and John 19:25-27
Nov 15th – Lesson 3 How Did Jesus spell relationship? L-O-V-E
- Thanksgiving is about showing love and being thankful to God and to others. Sometime is it not easy to show love to siblings, family, friends.
- Primary scripture: John 13:34-35
- Secondary scripture: Mark 12:28-31
The Summit Student Ministry page on Facebook is a great way to stay in the loop, as well as provide feedback and communicate with others on the page. Click here to visit or join!