Forms and Process
This page collects in one place the different forms and process that are used to support the business operations of Rejoice.
Acceptable Use of Online Services
By using our online services, you hereby expressly acknowledge and agree that there are significant security, privacy and confidentiality risks inherent in accessing or transmitting information through the internet, whether the connection is facilitated through wired or wireless technology. more …
Check Request – Expense Reimbursement
Check Request Green Sheet. Use this form to request expense reimbursement. Instructions are included on the form and also here. We want to be sure that you are reimbursed as quickly as possible; that we keep accurate records for tax reporting purposes; and we make sure that expenses for each ministry are within our budget guidelines for that ministry.
Contribution Authorization. Rejoice offers online giving. You can either set up and manage your giving online, or you can choose to have Rejoice set up your contributions. If you want us to do this on your behalf we will need your authorization. read more …
Facilities Use By Outside Parties
We welcome requests by outside parties to use our building and facilities. To limit our liability in these situations, we require any group borrowing or renting our facilities to assume liability for the use. read more …
It is the policy (CR-2013-7) of Rejoice Lutheran Church to be in compliance with insurance regulations to monitor the building, grounds, and activities on and off the premises for safety issues. A liability loss can include injury or property damage that happens on our premises or during one of our activities.
All reports must be filed within 24 hours of an incident. Don’t delay – call right away. Download the Incident Report (Red Sheet), complete and file it with the Business Office.
Any time there is a fall, injury or other mishap that may potentially become an issue. Any person experiencing an incident or witnessing it is responsible for reporting it.
In addition to the Rejoice Incident Report you may need to complete one of the following.
- Property Loss Report: for damage to any of your property except vehicles.
- Accident Report: For injury other than in an auto accident or to an employee.
- Automobile Accident Report: For injury or damage caused in an auto accident.
- Workers’ Compensation Employee’s First Report: Fill this out if you are an employee and you need to report an injury.
These forms will be provided by the church office as needed.
Mission Trip Planning Guide
Short Term Mission Checklists. This document is a planning guide. It has been developed to help those who are planning, developing, and leading short-term missions trips (STM) for Rejoice Lutheran Church. It aims to bring together in one place the collected wisdom that has been gathered by various Rejoice mission teams over the years.
Mission Fund Grant Request
Grant Request. This document provides a process that is to be followed when requests for monetary disbursements (grants) are made from the Missions Fund.
A record retention policy is in development, with a draft available for review.
Rejoice maintains active records for use today and assure future generations that records of historic value will still be available for their use long after hardware, software, and file formats have changed.
Most of the records retained by Rejoice for its daily operation, legal protection, financial security, and responsibility to history fit into one of the categories detailed in subsequent pages.
For the well-being of Rejoice, each type of record has a specific life cycle and needs appropriate care, as described.
Release Form for Participation in Children and Youth Activities.
Medical Release – Code of Conduct. Parents/guardians are asked to complete a registration page as well as a medical release form for each participant each year so we can maintain the most current and up-to-date information. These forms can be turned in to Director of Children’s Ministry or the Director of Youth Ministry mailbox in the Rejoice office, or mailed to Rejoice Lutheran Church, 0N377 N Mill Creek Drive, Geneva, IL 60134. ATTN: Business Office.
Social Media Policy for Staff and Employees
The social media policy governs the publication of and commentary on social media by employees of Rejoice Lutheran Church (“Rejoice”). For the purposes of this policy, social media means any facility for online publication and commentary, including without limitation blogs, wiki’s, social networking sites such as Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Flickr, and YouTube. This policy is in addition to and complements any existing or future policies regarding the use of technology, computers, e-mail and the internet.
Tax Exempt Letter
Are you planning on making purchases on behalf of Rejoice? We don’t have to pay sales tax! Make sure that you get a copy of our tax exempt letter before you purchase and present it when you check out at retail store. For a copy, contact our business manager, in the Rejoice office and we’ll email you a copy.
Vehicle Use and Insurance
Rejoice carries Hired and Non-owned Automobile Liability Coverage for Vehicles. In the event of a claim, this insurance will be secondary to the driver’s own personal insurance for the liability and medical portion of any claim and will not cover any claims for physical damage to the driver’s vehicle.
- a member of the congregation agrees to use her vehicle to drive a group to a local theater. On the way, she causes an accident, injuring the driver of the other vehicle and three congregation members in her vehicle. The driver is sued for $200,000 more than she has in personal automobile insurance. Because she was driving to a congregation-sponsored activity, Hired and nonowned automobile Liability Coverage would respond.
- A youth minister borrows a member’s van to take the group on a weekend camping trip. He falls asleep while driving and causes a serious accident. Damages to the other vehicle and injuries to the occupants exceed the limits of insurance carried by the owner of the van and driver. Hired and nonowned automobile Liability Coverage would pay for the excess, up to the limit of the hired and nonowned auto coverage.
Rejoice carries a Rental automobile Contractual Liability Endorsement, which covers up to $100,000 in damage to vehicles rented. The limit is the maximum for each consecutive annual period. This means that for most rented vehicles, it won’t be necessary to purchase the collision coverage from the rental company.
This application is to be completed by anyone who will be involved in the supervision or custody of minors. This is not an employment application form. It is used to help the church provide a safe and secure environment for those children and youth who participate in our programs and use our facilities. Download the form now, complete and return to your Ministry Organizer.
What to do if you are injured at work, the basics:
- Immediately report the injury to the Business Manager. This must happen within 45 days of the accident. For occupational diseases, the notice must be given as soon as practicable after the employee becomes aware of the condition.
- Seek immediate medical attention.
- Keep a notebook of things such as how you were hurt, who saw it happen, where you went for medical care, and the time you lost from work.
- File a Rejoice Incident Report Form (Red Sheet) with the Business Office.
This information will be helpful when you complete the report:
- How your injury occurred;
- Who saw your accident happen;
To whom you reported your injury;
- What you are feeling (for example: pain, numbness, weakness, etc.);
- Doctors who have treated you, together with their addresses and the dates of treatment;
- Medical bills and prescriptions you have paid out of your own pocket;
- Time you have missed from work;
- Why you missed that time from work;
- What the doctor told you; and
- Any other information that seems important to you.
The State of Illinois Handbook on Workers’ Compensation and Occupational Diseases provides a basic explanation of the workers’ compensation program, benefits, and procedures.