Background checks are needed for volunteers and employees at Rejoice.
A background check is required for the following categories of volunteers:
- Those who will be involved in our nursery center;
- Those who will be in involved in overnight activities with children;
- Those counseling children;
- Those involved in one-on-one mentoring of children; and
- Those having occasional one-on-one contact with children (such as youth group mentors, coaches and vehicle drivers).
Rejoice covers the cost of running background checks.
For children and youth volunteers Rejoice requires the following checks:
- SSN Verification and Address History
- National Criminal Database Search
- County Criminal Search – KANE, IL
- National Sex Offender Search
- Re-verification of criminal records
- Alias Names
Additionally, if a volunteer is going to drive children and youth, we will request a check of the Motor Vehicle Records for the state in which the driver’s license was issued. This is needed when you will be a driver for group trips that begin and end at church for Rejoice organized activity.
Initiate your background check now online. It should only take you 5 minutes to complete the form. If you have any questions during this process, please feel free to call the Rejoice Business Office at 630.262.0596.
We use the services of Protect My Ministry to complete background checks.
Other churches like Willowcreek Community Church, North Point Community Church, and Houston’s First Baptist Church trust Protect My Ministry to meet their background screening needs.